Wednesday, August 11, 2010

Tool # 10

1. I found some good ones and some eh ones...these are the ones I would use in my class.

Math Drills - Since first grade is responsible for introducing math facts, this would be a great app for students to practice. And I like how it has visuals to connects with the text.


Alphabet Tracing - This is a great app for students to control fine motor skils and work on handwriting as well (a very cumbersome TASK). And I like how the train helps track the direction where to begin and end.

My First Words -Although this may seem a little babyish, I think this is great for ESL students who are need more help with vocabulary and also with spelling words.


I personally got to play with my friends IPAD and I thought it was MARVELOUS! It's not too small and not too hefty for a teacher to come around do conferences with students with all the information at the touch of a button! I played with it for hours and downloaded some free children's books (can't remember how..her husband showed me) and thought how great it would be to have to share a children's book online that was interactive and can read to you.

I think students can use any app as long as they are appropriate and tie with curriculum. Once again, teachers need to get on the ball and find out what's out there for our kiddos to use! Teaching can become so much easier =)!

No comments:

Post a Comment